Teaching Image Collection (MDID)
Columbia College Chicago Library
624 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
About the Collection
- Collection images provide full and part-time faculty with an easily accessible source of visual aids for classroom use.
- Digital Collections holds more than 47,000 digital images covering a wide range of subjects. Illustrations from the Stokstad, Gardner, and Janson survey textbooks are also in the collection.
- Represented media includes: architecture, sculpture, painting, drawing, book arts, printmaking, photography, ceramics, mosaics, stained glass, textiles, jewelry, arms and armor, metalwork, furniture, commercial art, theater arts, process art, performance and video art, customs and culture, and fashion.
- The collection contains images requested by faculty members. To keep the collection current, Digital Collections encourages faculty to request images to enhance coursework.
Access to MDID
- Faculty must register with College Archives to access MDID, the teaching image database. To register, please email College Archives at email@example.com from a Columbia College Chicago email address.
- MDID training sessions occur annually at the beginning of fall semester, however individual training sessions are available.
- Please submit image requests to firstname.lastname@example.org and allow time for processing of requests. Processing time is dependent upon request order and size. Allow a minimum two week turnaround.
- We can shoot images from Columbia College Library, Inter-Library Loan, and personal books.
- Personal slides can be digitized and uploaded into the MDID system.
MDID Training Documents